theMakings Coaching Agreement
- As a client, I understand and agree that I am fully responsible for my physical, mental and emotional well- being during my coaching sessions, including my choices and decisions.
- I understand that “coaching” is a Professional-Client relationship I have with my coach that is designed to facilitate the creation/development of personal, professional or business goals and to develop and carry out a strategy/plan for achieving those goals.
- I understand that coaching is a comprehensive process that may involve all areas of my life, including work, finances, health, relationships, education and recreation. I acknowledge that deciding how to handle these issues, incorporate coaching into those areas, and implement my choices is exclusively my responsibility.
- I understand that coaching does not involve the diagnosis or treatment of mental disorders. I understand that coaching is not a substitute for counselling, psychotherapy, psychoanalysis, mental health care or substance abuse treatment and I will not use it in place of any form of diagnosis, treatment or therapy.
- I promise that if I am currently in therapy or otherwise under the care of a mental health professional, that I have consulted them regarding the advisability of working with a coach and that this person is aware of my decision to proceed with the coaching relationship.
- I understand that information shared will be held as confidential unless I state otherwise, in writing, except as required by law.
- I may cancel or reschedule a session with up to 24 hours notice. Any cancellation within 24 hours of the session, the session will be forfeited.
- If I am over 5 mins late, my coach will leave the session and the session is deemed to have taken place.
- I understand that certain topics may be anonymously and hypothetically shared with other coaching professionals for training or consultation purposes.
- I am aware that I can choose to discontinue coaching at any time, following consultation and agreement with my employer.
- I understand that coaching is not to be used as a substitute for professional advice by legal, medical, financial, business, spiritual or other qualified professionals. If necessary I will seek independent professional guidance for these matters and I understand that all my decisions and my actions in these areas are my sole responsibility.
Last Updated 01/06/21
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
If you visit our website we will collect certain information about you. For all users and visitors see Information We Collect Automatically below for details on what we collect via technology.
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us when interacting with us or using the Services. The specific information we collect depends on the context of your interactions with theMakings, as detailed below.
If you are a registrant on our website and use our coaching services via our website (“Member”), you will need to provide certain personal information in order to register your account, such as: name, email address, location, and your job level. This information is required at registration so that we can: 1) create your account; 2) ensure you are matched with a coach in an appropriate time zone; and 3) ensure you receive the applicable surveys or questionnaires commensurate with your management level.
Through your use of the Services, you will also provide us information to facilitate your coaching experience. For example, to help you choose the right coach, you will respond to surveys to help us match you with a coach that aligns with your coaching goals. While these surveys will help us match you with the right coach, the surveys do not collect any personally identifying information. We may collect information such as your coaching platform usage, engagement status, session ratings, title, employment details, and any other information you choose to provide in conjunction with the Services. You may also be asked, at various places within the platform, to provide your opinions on theMakings’s services and quality of coaching. These opinions or reviews will be used to improve our services will be shared with your coach in support of the coaching relationship.
Sensitive Personal Information
The use of the Services does not require you to provide any sensitive personal information such as financial, however, during onboarding, we will ask for your consent to collect demographic information such as gender, race or ethnicity, or pronouns. Your involvement and providing such information is voluntary, will have no impact on your use of the Services if you decline, and in the case you provide consent, such consent may be withdrawn at any time. At the time of requesting your consent, we will provide you details of how the data will be used or processed and how to withdraw your consent.
Your coach will not make any written or digital notes of your coaching sessions.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use the Services, we automatically collect information about you, including the following:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to the Services.
- Information Collected by Tracking Technologies: We use different technologies to collect information, including web beacons. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, and to understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Information Collected By Cookies” below.
Information Collected by Cookies
We use different technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small text files placed on an individual’s computer by websites that the individual has visited. They are used to make websites work more effectively, such as enabling you to sign in more efficiently and providing analytics on our site’s usage and performance. No Personal Information is stored within them; however, details below describe some of the cookies theMakings uses, and to explain why they are used.
You have options in how to control the data collected by cookies or similar technology. If you are a Member, you may update your cookie preferences at any time via the settings tab in your profile.
We use the following cookies in conjunction with providing the Services.
|Google Analytics||Analytics||Google Privacy|
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources, such as list providers and publicly available sources, and combine that with information we collect through the Services. There may also be a limited instance where we receive information about you from the coaches with whom you interact through the Services, such as when there is an issue with a session, or if you have raised an issue or concern with the coach and that coach needs additional information from us.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect to provide, maintain, and improve the Services, including to assess and improve the quality of the coaching services.
The information we collect from Members may be used to:
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information;
- Verify your identity and, if applicable, authorization for you to use the Services (such as from your employer);
- Respond to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Send you technical notices and other administrative messages;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by us or others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Services;
- Conduct research, analysis, and surveys;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
If you are a Member, when you use the Services, we will share information about you with our coaches so that they can provide services to you.
If you are a member who is accessing the services through a paid subscription through your employer, we will share information with the employer or other entity who has sponsored your use of the Services, such as the number of sessions you attended, when the session was attended, or completion of an assessment. We will not share your personal information you share with our coaches. Information we do share with your employer, or other entity who has sponsored your use, is provided in an aggregated and de-identified form.
- With vendors, consultants, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf and on a need-to-know basis;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation, or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of you, us, or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of our assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through the Services that certain information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide this information.
We store the info we collected about you for as long as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which we originally collected it, or for other legitimate business purposes, including to meet our legal, regulatory, or other compliance obligations.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by contacting us at hello@theMakings.com. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period.