theMakings is a female founded, purpose-led business in the people development space. We help build future leaders for a better society. Our team is growing quickly, and we’re looking for a talented marketing manager to join us!
You’ll work with nice human beings at the forefront of a fast growing, relevant and exciting industry that is changing the way we cultivate and support emerging leaders – both professionally and personally.
Who we are:
– theMakings exists to build future leaders for a better society
– We’re reimagining 1:1 coaching for today’s talent.
– Our approach combines the human interaction of 1:1 coaching with the ability to scale through organisations with easy-to-use tech platform.
– We are fuelled by a carefully selected, global team of diverse, inspiring and relatable coaches, selected specifically for the future leaders of the business.
What we do:
– Inspire and support emerging leaders through high impact 23-minute coach sessions, delivered weekly, through our proprietary tech platform.
Marketing Manager – (Start-up Environment; part-time/contract)
This year, we want to elevate and accelerate brand awareness through a combination of unique brand-owned content, strategic partnerships and events, as well as community-driven communications. The Marketing Manager is a creative, hands on individual who is comfortable working directly with our two founders, Sinead (Chief Commercial Officer) and Lucy (Chief Operating Officer).The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand and strategize big picture brand positioning and communication, as well as the drive to execute at the tactical level through superior writing, social media content and communications skills.
Content & Communications
– Assist in the development and implementation of the 2022 marketing plan across all digital and physical marketing channels.
– Identify and engage with relevant PR and media opportunities and develop corresponding content.
– Serve as copywriter for themakings.com website updates and evolution. Write both long and short-form copy to support all marketing.
– Ensure all assets follow our style, content, tone of voice and recommend adjustments if necessary.
– Develop understanding of our coaches and create content to showcase the uniqueness of our coaching team.
Social Media Management
– Manage planning, content and publishing for social media channels such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tiktok.
– Create innovative multimedia content across multiple platforms.
– Manage and facilitate social media communities by responding to social media posts and developing discussions.
Events and Partnerships
– Identify and vet partnership opportunities including industry, networking and trade events.
– Attend select physical events and support founders; develop from-the-floor content for social channels.
We’re looking for:
– A minimum of 4-6 years experience in a Digital Marketing role (Ideally in a startup).
– Desire to work in a founder-led company and startup environment.
– Strong understanding of the use of a range of social media platforms.
– Strong copywriting and editing skills suitable for each platform, from knowing how to write a successful tweet to using effective storytelling techniques.
– Be digital savvy and well-rehearsed in social media trends.
– Creative skills for contributing new and innovative ideas.
– Organisational skills, with the capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects.
– An eye for detail and the ability to work accurately.
– An interest in people development/coaching and leadership development.
– Takes responsibility, initiative and moves quickly.
– A collaborator, listener, communicator.
– Loves the work they do and consistently learning, growing and moving forward.
– This role is based remotely